Saturday, December 5, 2015

Welcome to the world, Emmett!

Dear Emmett,
You were born at 4:30PM on Thursday, November 26th 2015, which fell on Thanksgiving this year. You weighed 8 pounds and 13 ounces and measured 21 inches long.... what a big baby! You have a full head of jet black hair and it looks like you have your dad's hazel eyes, just a little darker. So far, you have been an easy baby to take care of... you hardly ever cry, only when you are getting your diaper changed and feel the cold wipe, and sometimes not even then. The hospital poked you for blood several times, and you didn't cry at all! Something else that amazes me is that you are not even 3 days old and you have a lot of control of your head and neck. When we put you on our shoulders to burp you, you can lift your head completely off our shoulders and look around.... newborns aren't supposed to do that yet!
You didn't have a very big appetite right after you were born... I guess birth makes you pretty tired, huh? It's taken a little over a day to get you going, but now each feeding is quicker and you eat more.
I love that you are such a big baby! You have a closet full of clothes and some of them are already too small for you to wear, and I am sure that you won't fit in the rest of them for too much longer. My current worry is that you will outgrow the size 1 diapers before I can use up all 800-ish of them. My mom has been here helping me take care of you, we are sort of tag-teaming it since I clearly have no idea what I'm doing yet, but you don't seem to care just as long as we get food in you quickly. Our world has been turned up side down with your arrival, and I could not love you more for it.
With all my heart,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment