Saturday, March 12, 2016

15 Weeks Old And So Much To Say


Dear Emmett,
I have not written as much as I would like, mostly because you take up a lot of my time and I take advantage of your naps to do as much housework as I can in 45 minute increments, but I have finally found a good moment to tell you so many things.
First off, you are getting huge. It baffles me how just 3 months ago you were small enough to lay across my rocking chair and your feet barely touched the armrest. You have grown so much that I have had to go through your clothes 3 times and practically empty out your wardrobe because many of your clothes don't fit any more. I really hope you end up having a baby brother in the wintertime because you left about 10 super cute sweater outfits completely unworn. There are no shortage of clothes, though. Mom and dad love buying you things, and so do many other people because you're just so dang cute. Exhibit A:

It seems like you do something to surprise me every day... Yesterday was a particularly entertaining one. Dad was holding you and watching TV while I tried to get some work done at the kitchen table, and you kept turning your head looking for me. You gave me the biggest smile when I finally came to get you, and I tickled you as we headed to your bedroom. Much to my surprise, you laughed! Your first laugh! Prior to these giggles, your "laughter" was what we call "the dolphin talk": a really high squeak with your mouth wide open. Whats that? You wish we had a video of it? Well we do!

You are so adorable I can't help taking tons of pictures every day; you're basically the owner of my Instagram and Facebook. Lots of people adore you just because I never stop posting your pictures and videos... you are already quite the charmer!





Another big deal moment happened this past Sunday: your baby blessing! We had decided to wait until uncle Chris came home from his mission, that's why it wasn't done as soon as you were born. It was great to see you surrounded by so many loved ones! Thankfully, Grandma Wyeth wrote down the details. Those in the blessing circle included your dad, Grandpa Zuniga, Grandpa Wyeth, Christian Zuniga, Kaleb Wyeth, Scott Binkerd, and Bishop Sagers. Unfortunately Dallas and Amanda couldn't make it, or else we wold have needed a bigger baby haha. Grandma Wyeth also wrote down the actual blessing:
6 March 2016, Corpus Christi 2nd Ward
Our Father in Heaven, by the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we give this child the name of Emmett Beckham Wyeth. Emmett, know that Heavenly Father loves you. You have come to earth in a time where you are called to lead his people to the right way. You have many blessings in your life. You will get to the age and serve a full time mission. You will serve a mission and you will be successful and return with honor. You will find a wife of your choice and be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. With the choices you make through your life, the Lord will always be there to help and guide you. We give you this blessing in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
We took a few pictures afterwards, and you were pretty dang sleepy and tired of being passed around... it shows on your face.



No comments:

Post a Comment