Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Boy!

My baby,
Today (June 18, 2015) we found out that a baby boy would be joining our family! The first thing I did was tell your dad that we needed to get a girl dog to even out the teams in the house. He disagreed and said we were perfect just the way we were, but maybe by the time you get here he will have changed his mind. Wouldn't it be great to have a puppy your same age to grow up with?
All of my life I wanted a baby girl, until March 27th, 2015, when I first knew you were coming. All of a sudden everything I ever envisioned about my first baby went out the window, you had the same effect on me as your daddy, because everything I envisioned about a husband went out the window when I met him too. I am sure you will bring me a lifetime of surprises, whether I want them or not.
By the many fluttery movements I already feel in my belly I can tell that you will be alert and full of life, and just like your dad, keen to make yourself heard. I know this because you protest quite a lot when I sit in a position you don't like, as if saying "Mom! I need my space!"
The last time I saw you in a sonogram you were 14 weeks in the making, and your legs were all stretched out as far as the tips of your toes could reach, and my first thought was "We have something in common! I sleep like that too!" You looked at the camera the entire time and refused to turn around for the nurse to measure the back of your neck, and when she prodded you to try and make you turn, you wiggled and prodded right back at her. She also tried to look between your legs, but you closed them as soon as you felt her there and refused to open them up again.
It seems almost impossible to explain just how much I already love you. I spend most of my days daydreaming about the time when I will finally meet you, and I spend most of my nights really dreaming about raising you. And even though you are not even halfway to being born, I already want you to have a little brother or sister to play with. I want to devote my entire life to you and to any other children that may join our family one day.
My little boy, I love you so.
-Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment